Àsìkò is a visual artist who expresses his ideas through the medium of photography and mixed media.
He was born in London, England and spent his formative years in Lagos, Nigeria and adolescent years in London.
His work is constructed in the narrative that straddles between fantasy and reality as a response to his experiences of identity, culture and heritage.
His project Layers was featured on the BBC and Huffington Post and exhibited at the South Bank in London. His recent project Adorned was recently exhibited at The Gallery of African Art in London and made up his first solo show at Rele Gallery in Nigeria.
He currently creates works in London and Nigeria.
· Solo Show Adorned series, Rele Gallery, Lagos, Oct 2016
· StyleFusion Adorned series, Gallery of African Art, London, Sep 2016
· Culinary Art Samsung culinary art exhibition, Rele Gallery, Lagos, May 2016
· Layers International Women's Day, South Bank Centre, London, Mar 2016
· Layers Women's Equality Party, London, Mar 2016
· Telling Stories Photomonth Festival, Rich Mix, London Nov 2015
· 125LIVE Drays Walk Gallery, Truman’s Brewery, London, Oct 2015
· The story within Piazza Covent Garden, London Aug 2015
· Woman Rele Gallery, Lagos Mar 2015
· Retrospect Temple Muse Gallery, Lagos, Nov 2014
· New Africa Brunei Gallery, SOAS, London, Jan 2014
· Fashion meets Art Drays Walk Gallery, Truman’s Brewery, London, Sep 2013
CNN Africa, BBC London, Guardian, Schon Magazine, 125 Magazine, Arise News, FRUK, Blanck Mag, Pride